- Project Documentation (Project 2 and revisions to documentation on Project 1). Documentation is due no later than 12pm on Monday, May 8.
- Complete survey about classroom community by 11:15am on Wednesday, May 10
- No work for this course will be accepted later than Monday, May 8 at 12pm.
Final is scheduled for 8am on Wednesday, May 10. At the final expect your last UI challenge and to formally present project 2 using your documentation (note this was originally scheduled for Friday, May 5 in the syllabus).
Deadlines and schedule
- April 24: Project 2 Work Day, Discuss practice interviews.
- April 26: Project 2 Work Day
- April 28: Project 2 Formal Critique
- May 1: Project 2 Revisions and Process Book Due. Discuss Project 2 Documentation.
- May 3: Project 2 Documentation for Portfolio
- May 5: Project 2 Documentation for Portfolio by 11:59pm
- May 10 at 8am: Final UI Challenge, Semester Reflection
REMINDER: Professional development write-ups are due one week after attending a professional development event. Write-ups will not be accepted after Monday, May 8.
- April 17 and 19 are work days
- April 21 is Mock Interview day — come with portfolio, resume or other materials you might to go an interview with. To prepare share questions and reflections with each other from the first round. To get an interview you need to fill out the form posted on Slack.
Reminder: Projects are due at the end of next week.
- Check-in on Project 2
- Review of solutions for UI challenge
- Continue working on Project 2
Reminder: There is no class on Wednesday (Quest).
- Today is a work day — Work on Project 2
Reminder: Friday is a UI challenge.
- Review a printed copy of your project 2 proposal with Rebecca
- Discuss Friday’s presentations
- Submit documentation if you haven’t already.
Plan on UI exercise on Friday. Work day on Wednesday.
Please remember we will meet in Tyler Art gallery at the start of class today!
- Displaying and Documenting Interactive work
- Designer talk by Lily Choi
- Visiting Designer: Keli Dirisio
- Work on Project 1 — get critique and feedback from each other today in class so that you are able to make revisions for Friday.
NOTE: I will accept this work until 11:59pm on Friday. You will not have time in class to work on Friday.
- Complete Project 1
- Complete process documentation (process book or similar). Your documentation should demonstrate and explain your process and how you made decisions. Critique notes, user test notes and analysis should be included.
- Submit copyright documentation for each asset in the site. For each asset indicate who the copyright holder is, the date of the copyright (when possible), licensing details and/or a fair use claim. When needed location and model release forms should be included for photography.
- Write an evaluation of your project. Imagine this is what you need to report on to your creative director. Address each of the following questions separately
- How effective is your solution at addressing the needs/wants of your users? How do you know? Be sure to address individual personas, etc. Be specific. Use screenshots to support your claims where relevant.
- How effective is your solution at addressing the goals/objectives of the project and/or the organization? How do you know? Be specific. Use screenshots to support your claims where relevant.
- What progressive enhancements have you introduced to move your site from functional and usable to something that is memorable and desirable? Explain. Provide evidence.
- Evaluate your process. What about yur process was particularly effective? What was missing from your process? What would you like to do differently, process wise, on your next project? Explain. For those working collaboratively, this is a good place to address how the team works together, etc.
REMINDER: We will meet in Tyler Art Gallery at the start of our next class.
Rebecca is out sick today. Keep working on project 1. If you need help reach out via Slack.