- Using Slack: class requirement, collaboration, dialogue
- Printing: Prints are only to be released by the week’s assigned Team Manager (this week the printer is Claire). Prints will be released between :45-:55 of each hour (according to Apple Time). Please do not bother the designated printer at other times during class. Epson prints need to be signed for during those same periods. All students must sign for all prints.
- Universal Design: the design of products, environments, communications and services to be usable by all people (regardless of age, ability or situation) without adaptation
- Access: ability + barrier = disability
- Legal: Section 508 of the Workforce Rehibilitation Act of 1973 applies to federal agencies and federally funded agencies, Title III of the American Disabilities Act (ADA) requires businesses and non-profits with more than 15 employees to provide accessible accommodations to all services and accessible places of public accommodation that is reasonably achievable. In addition the law prohibits discrimination based on a disability. See also the ADA Standards for Accessible Design that provides specific information about environmental graphics.
- International Standards: W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Expectations for critique on Wednesday: Revised business cards, cover letters and resumes. Critique should address both content and design. The pieces should work as an integrated system.