- Review Syllabus
- Start UI Challenge 1
- Sign Up for Web Media Slack Group. Add yourself to the #417_sp17 channel and share your personal goals for this semester (in relationship to this course).
- Review the book options available on A Book Apart and propose three titles you would like to read and why. Post proposals on Slack in the #417_sp17 channel. Students who have not previously taken Art 417 should include either Design for Real Life or Designing for Touch in their list (these two books should also be available in the bookstore). Note that there are a handful of these books available at Penfield Library. You will need me to approve your choice by Wednesday so that you can start reading and be finished by February 10.
- Choose one of the following Lynda.com tutorials (or sets of tutorials) to complete for Friday:
- Technical: CSS: Animation
- Technical: Responsive Images
- Technical: Designing Websites for Performance AND Responsive SVG Images
- Workflow: Design a Website with Adobe XD
- Workflow: Efficient Web Design Workflow
- Workflow: UX Design Techniques: Ideation Layout, AND Developing a Moodboard or Developing a Styleguide, AND, UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas AND UX Design Techniques: Creating Scenarios and Storyboards
- Work on UI Challenge 1.